测测你的英语水平(最新版英语水平测试请点击)雅思 托福 SAT
1 The early years of the United States government were characterized by a debate concerning ____ or individual states should have more power.
A.whether the federal government B.either the federal government
C.that the federal government D.the federal government
2. The trumpet is ___ of most dance and jazz bands
A.a part is important B.partly important
C.what part is important D.an important part
3. Most whole milk undergoes homogenization, ___ hot milk is pumped through valves to break up and permanently disperse the fat globules.
A.a process B.which process C.a process in which D. which is a process
4. In 1865 the astronomer Maria Mitchell became ____ appointed to the faculty of Vassar College.
A.as the first woman B.the first woman was
C.the first woman D.being the first woman
5. George Washington Carver___ international fame for revolutionizing agriculture research in the southern United States during the early twentieth century.
A.won B.winning C.who has won D.the winner of
6. Elementary schools in the United States provide formal education____ arithmetic, science, social science, and communication skills that including reading, writing, spelling, and speaking.
A.such subjects as basic in B.as basic subjects in such
C.in such basic subjects in D.as in such basic subjects
7. ____ land and money enabled construction of the union pacific railroad to begin from Council Bluffs, Iowa, in 1865.
A.By the government granting of B.Government grants of
C.For the government to grant D.Government grants so that
8. Green plants combine ___ with water and carbon dioxide to make food.
A.energy derived from light B.energy, derived it from light
C.energy is derived from light D.from light, and energy derived
9.From the archeologist's perspective, understanding the past is vitally important and requires ____ of earlier culture.
A.the ruins examined B.examining the ruins
C.of the ruins to be examined D.that the examined ruins
10. The Texas Legislature selected Vassar Miller ___ in 1982, and again in 1988.
A.was the state's poet laureate B.as the state's poet laureate
C.the state's peat laureate D.become the state's poet laureate
11. The distinguishing feature of a fluid, in contrast to a solid, is the ease____.
A.that a deformed fluid B.to deform a fluid
C.when a fluid that is deformed D.with which a fluid may be deformed
12. Many scientists believe ___ as a result of a collision between the newly formed earth and a large asteroid.
A.that the Moon was formed B.in that the Moon was formed
C.that the Moon formed was D.when the Moon was formed
13. Willa Cather, ____, gained recognition for her books concerning the American frontier.
A.a novelist and Pulitzer prizewinning B.a Pulitzer prizewinning novelist
C.a Pulitzer prizewinning novelist who D.was a Pulitzer prizewinning novelist
14. Learning that takes place in infancy provides the ___ for the eventual transformation of a child into an adult.
A.foundation is necessary B.necessary foundation is
C.necessary in the foundation D.foundation necessary
In 1989 Carret Hongo was chosen as ___ for the Pulitzer Prize in poetry.
A.his being one of the finalists
B.to be one of the finalists
C.one of the finalists
D.the one finalist who
16. It was novelist and poet ____ in 1968 founded Jackson State University's Institute for the Stud of the History, Life, and Culture of Black People.
A.Margaret Walker did
C.Margaret Walker who
D.Margaret Walker and
17.In western North America, ____ form the Great Divide, which separates the areas from which waters flow either eastward to the Atlantic or westward to the pacific.
A.the Rocky Mountains B.where the Rock Mountains
C.the Rocky Mountains in which D.there are the Rocky Mountains
18. The Hawaiian alphabet, introduced by missionaries in the 1820's, ____ and only seven consonants.
A.the five vowel consist of B.consisting of the vowels
C.that consists of five vowels D.consists of five vowels
19.Working like a telescope, ____ the size of objects at great distances.
A.which magnifies a telephoto lens B.a telephoto lens magnifies
C.a telephoto lens which magnifies D.and magnifying a telephoto lens
20 ____ in the United States began in the eighteenth century, when individuals, merchants, and colonial governments loaned money to one another.
A.Banking B.When banking C.It was banking D.Banking was