1. You are a leader of a student organization. There is a freshman who is nervous in this environment. What would you do to help this student in this new environment?
Personally, I would show him or her around the campus. Since I have firsthand experience about the university life, and I have unique perspectives about the campus and the school. By showing them around the library so they get a chance to know how to find reference when writing papers. Additionally, I can help them to be more adaptable to the academic environment. For example, I can give them advice/suggestion on what classes they should choose, and they should choose to take classes that are really interesting and easy to get a high grade in, also I will discourage them to take courses that are abstract and boring.
2. A friend of yours is going to study at another university and he's worried that he won't be able to make any friends there. What suggestions would you give him and why?
Personally, I would suggest him join all kinds of social activities, for example, like volunteer activities, fundraising, and going on field trip organized by the school. Also, he should joint clubs, like sports club, poem club, debating club, and even martial art club. In this way, he can interact with the club members. If he is lucky, he might come across someone who is from the same place of him or her. Additionally, he or she find someone who have the same hobby, you know, one has so much to talk about when meeting someone who have the same hobby.
3. A friend of yours always gets up late in the morning and misses his morning classes. The professor has told him that this behavior will affect his grade. What advice would you give him and why?
Personally, I would suggest him sleep early, actually he should go to bed before 10 o'clock, and then he can take a good rest, hence the next day he can go to the class refreshed. Additionally, I would say he should talk to the professor and ask him or her if it is possible for him to make up the absence in another way, like doing an extra credit assignment and I bet if he is sincere enough, the professor will understand his tough situation and might say yes to him, so eventually he can keep a higher GPA.
4. Some students like to choose university with a high reputation but no scholarship, others prefer to choose a university with scholarship but less reputable. Which one do you like to choose?
5. Describe a news article or story that you are interested in recently. Explain why you think it is interesting. Include reasons and details in the your response.
Well, I would like to talk about a social event that took place in China just a few days ago. Actually, it was like a festival that young adults celebrate. It was on November 11th, and it called the Single's Day. On this day, e-commerce companies offer lots of promotion and sales on line, and it was so crazy on this day that basically everyone bought something, ranging from shampoo, and body wash to daily appliances, like freezer and washing machines. The sales figure of Alibaba, the major player in e-commerce, exceeded 9 billion US dollars thanks to the passion of the young singletons.
6. Which of the following do you think is the best way to get to know a new school, joining a one-day campus tour, spending a weekend on a campus playing field or auditing the lectures?
Auditing class is the best to know the university better, since faculty members are an indispensable part of the university. Their knowledge，teaching skills and even the way they teach the class represent the university. The values they uphold in the class are the ones that are cherished by the university. Plus, when auditing class, one can tell if there are lots of class discussions or not, also, they get to know the size of the class. These are important factors when choosing a university since nobody wants to attend a school, whose class size are too big.