SECTION 1 Questions 1-10
Complete the notes below.
Write ONE WORD AND/OR A NUMBER for each answer.
Cruise on a lake
• Travel on an old steamship
• Can take photos of the 1 ______ that surround the lake
• Children can help feed the sheep
• Visit can include a 40-minute ride on a 2 ______
• Visitors can walk in the farm’s 3 ______ by the lake
• 4 ______ is available at extra cost
• Cyclists explore the Back Road
• A 5 ______ is provided
• Only suitable for cyclists who have some 6 ______
- Bikes can be hired from 7 ______ (near the Cruise Ship Terminal)
• Cyclists need:
- a repair kit
- food and drink
- a 8 ______ (can be hired)
• There are no 9 ______ or accommodation in the area
• Total cost for whole family of cruise and farm visit: 10 $ ______
ECTION 2 Questions 11-20
Choose the correct letter, A, B or C.
Talk to new kitchen assistants
11 According to the manager, what do most people like about the job of kitchen assistant?
A the variety of work
B the friendly atmosphere
C the opportunities for promotion
12 The manager is concerned about some of the new staff’s
B hair styles.
13 The manager says that the day is likely to be busy for kitchen staff because
A it is a public holiday.
B the head chef is absent.
C the restaurant is almost fully booked.
14 Only kitchen staff who are 18 or older are allowed to use
A the waste disposal unit.
B the electric mixer.
C the meat slicer.
Questions 15 and 16
Choose TWO letters, A-E.
According to the manager, which TWO things can make the job of kitchen assistant stressful?
A They have to follow orders immediately.
B The kitchen gets very hot.
C They may not be able to take a break.
D They have to do overtime.
E The work is physically demanding.